Your basket is currently empty!
Vol @ Val: Volunteering at Val de la Mare with Jersey Trees for Life
Jersey Trees for Life will be hosting public volunteering sessions at Val de la Mare Arboretum on the first Friday of every month.
If you’re interested in tree care, or just fancy getting out into the fresh air for a few hours’ gentle exercise on a spring or summer morning, we’d love you to join us.
You can sign up here if you’re interested in attending one or more of the sessions taking place between now and Friday 1 September (inclusive).
The tree care activities that you’ll undertake will depend on ongoing priorities but will generally entail the likes of mulching, path clearing and removing bracken, brambles and nettles, as well as watering.
For those joining us, please bear in mind the following:
- You MUST complete a volunteer working agreement before attending (link provided in order confirmation email)
- You may get wet feet if there has been a lot of rain; if so, wear waterproof footwear
- You may get tired, so don’t push yourself too hard; take it at your own pace
- Bring snacks and drinks to maintain energy levels
- If it’s sunny, wear sunscreen
- We provide all equipment but please bring gloves suitable for touching brambles
- Have fun!
Session dates are as follow (all held on Fridays from 9.30am to 12.30pm at Val de la Mare Arboretum):
7 July, 4 August, 1 September.
We look forward to you joining us!