Jersey Trees for Life (JTfL) is a registered Jersey charity (JCC no.10 / ACJ135) whose aim is to encourage the protection, conservation, preservation and planting of trees throughout Jersey while fostering an appreciation of trees through community education for their amenity, ecological and other values. We consider all the people and organisations we come into contact with an important part of this aim and as such strive to ensure that the information we need is kept secure and private.
We are the controller of the personal data we process and are registered with the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner. This privacy notice applies to all personal data controlled by JTfL.
Terms such as “personal data”, “data controller”, “data subject” and other terms used in this privacy notice are defined by article 1 of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (“DPJL”), which can be viewed by clicking here
By ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ we mean Jersey Trees for Life. By ‘you’, ‘your’ we mean any individual member, employee, supplier or other third party that visits us, accesses our website, social media or otherwise interacts with us.
Where and how we collect personal information
Information can be collected by JTfL in a number of ways, mostly directly from our members, customers, suppliers and the other organisations we work with. Our intention is always that only the minimum amount of personal data is taken, to enable us to best serve your needs and provide information about our activities to our members.
The DPJL requires data controllers to process data lawfully, fairly and transparently and in order to meet these requirements JTfL must give detailed and specific privacy information to data subjects.
Please refer to the table below, where we set out the following information for each of the processes we perform:
1. The purpose your personal data is used for;
2. The categories of personal data we collect;
3. Other organisations (third parties) who provide personal data to us;
4. The lawful basis for our processing your personal data;
5. Who we share your personal data with;
6. Whether we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA);
7. Whether the provision of your personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement;
8. The period for which your personal data will be retained.
Your data protection rights
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
1. To access personal data we hold about you and to be provided with details regarding the purpose for which it is held, the categories of information held, who we might share it with, the period it is held and, where it has not been collected directly from you, the source of the information we hold about you;
2. To rectify any inaccurate data we hold about you;
3. To erase your personal data;
4. To restrict our processing of your personal data;
5. To have your personal data provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and, where feasible, to have that data transmitted to another controller;
6. To object to processing to perform a public function or that is based on legitimate interests, except where there are compelling reasons for us to continue e.g. in the public interest;
7. To object to processing for purposes of direct marketing. Please note that we do not undertake any direct marketing activity, but do send our members information regarding our activities;
8. To object to processing solely for historical or scientific purposes;
9. Not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing that significantly affects you. Please note that we do not perform any automated processing using personal data;
10. To complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner whose contact details are as follow:
Please note that JTfL does not require you to provide us with your personal data. If you decide to join as a member or wish to interact with us in any other way, your provision of your personal data is at your own choice
How to access and update your personal information
You can ask us to provide you with access to the information we hold about you and, if appropriate, correct or update your details by contacting us in the following manner:
Changes to the JTfL Privacy Notice may be made from time to time, especially in cases where new legal requirements come into force. Please check our website from time to time for any updates as necessary (the last update date is printed within the footer of each page of this document).
Additional data protection information
If you’re interested in gaining further information on data protection within Jersey, please click any of these links:
www.jerseytreesforlife.org. All Copyrights Reserved 2023